Apply for Financing

R&L RV Sales on Facebook

Click for Coeur D'Alene, Idaho Forecast

Information for our Canadian Customers

Information for our Canadian Customers importing their RV into Canada

Once you have compared prices at your local dealer with our website, make the drive to Coeur D Alene, Idaho and get the best deal.   It is well worth the drive, and importing your RV could not be easier.

We have compiled a list of required documentation and some links to assist you in preparing to import your RV into Canada:

1. Recall Clearance Letter - we provide this to you. The recall clearance letter allows you to pass Federal Inspection. Recall clearance indicates the absence of any safety defect on your vehicle that would be identified by the manufacturer as posing a potential safety risk to the vehicle's operator, occupants and public at large unless corrected. You must have this document in order to pass the federal inspection.

2. Bill of Sale - Supplied by R&L RV and given to you during the paperwork process.

3. Title -  you must have proof of title to the vehicle prior to crossing the border.  If you are buying a new RV, we will provide you with the Manufacturer's Certificate of Ownership (MCO).  If you are buying a used RV, we will sign the title over to you when we complete the sale.

4. All fees at the Canadian border will be the responsibility of the buyer. The Canada Border Services Agency will NOT accept cash or checks for the fees. The Canada Border Service Agency will inform you of any and all requirements that need to be taken care of upon arrival in Canada.

5. You can pick up your RV at out lot, or we can make arrangement for delivery into Canada at an added cost.   You will have to make payment in full via wire transfer or in US Cash for the full purchase price of your RV before it leaves our lot.

Canadian Registrar of Imported Vehicles (RIV) has a great website outlining all the necessary steps and documentation required. Again, we will supply you with all the paperwork, you will have to cover the import fees.

Check the current exchange rate here: Yahoo Exchange Calculator

Phone numbers to have on hand can be found here:

Registrar of Imported Vehicles
Fax: (416) 626-0366

Hours of service
Mon. to Fri.: 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 midnight (EST)
Sat. and Sun.: 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (EST)

Canada Border Services Agency
In Canada: 1-800-461-9999 (English) ; 1-800-959-2036 (French)
Outside Canada: (506) 636-5064 (English) ; (506) 636-5067 (French)

Transport Canada
In Canada: 1-800-333-0371
Outside Canada: (613) 998-8616
Fax: (613) 998-4831




New and Used Sportsmen Fifth Wheels, Sportsmen Travel Trailers

New and Used Spree Fifth Wheels, Spree Travel Trailers



Click on the flag for details
on importing your RV into Canada